It is important for a self employed person  to register under all the relevant  tax heads as soon as it required.

Personal ServiceIncome tax is the first tax head  to register under as  soon as you commence working as self employed person.
You need to register as an employer if you employ staff  no matter how many hours a week they work.
Relevant Contracts Tax
This tax  applies to Construction / Forestry sector.  It is important that construction workers register for same once they commence  work  –  you can register as a sub – contractor or a main contractor.
There are rhree rates 0% 20% and 35% .  When  you register for RCT the first 3 years the rate is  20%,  after 3 years it is important that your tax affairs are kept up to date
 so that the  0% is kept.
For more  information contact
Nuala McGowan,
McGowan Accountancy Services

Mobile: 086 035 2849